3D Printing Service
3D Printing or Rapid Prototyping is a method of manufacturing physical parts in an additive manner. Successive layers of build material are placed on top of each other layer by layer, are used to build the part from a digital 3D CAD file (.STL). Additive manufacturing has several different methods of producing a prototype. Each method has its own advantages, all use the same method of adding material layer by layer. The same principle of building up, rather than cutting away applies no matter which method of additive manufacturing you choose to use.
Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) is an additive manufacturing technique that uses a laser as the power source to sinter powdered material (Nylon), aiming the laser automatically at points in space defined by a 3D model, binding the material together to create a solid structure. It is similar to direct metal laser sintering (DMLS); the two are instantiations of the same concept but differ in technical details. SLS is a relatively new technology that so far has mainly been used for rapid prototyping and for low-volume production of component parts.
Our SLS Printer has a maximum build volume of 350 x 350 x 580mm XYZ. But there is nothing stopping you from splitting your model into smaller parts and then combining them afterwards.
SLS builds each layer at a layer thickness of 0.15mm.
- Minimum wall thickness: 0.8mm – consider thicker walls for larger objects to avoid drooping.
- Minimum feature detail: 0.3mm – embossed text should be ±0.5mm indented or extruded.
- Clearance of multiple parts: 2mm
- Achievable Accuracy: ±0.3% and with a lower limit of ±0.3mm
- Smallest parts: ±10mm,, we suggest joining them to other parts so they don’t get lost.
Delivery & Shipping
Turn around time on our service is 5 - 7 business days, we offer $12 flat rate shipping anywhere in Australia.
Please complete the form below, we will send you a quote within 1 business day, attached to the quote will be a link to complete your order online if you would like to proceed.
- An iPhone case would cost approximately $10 to print in SLS.
- An average size hand-held power drill would cost approximately $ 28 to print in SLS.
- A gearbox would cost approximately $ 80 to print in SLS.