TurboCAD Expert 2017 Home & Student
Advanced 2D/3D CAD Software
Affordable 2D/3D CAD for Experienced Users
TurboCAD Expert is for experienced 2D/3D CAD users already familiar with AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT looking for a powerful alternative. It includes all of the 2D drafting, 3D surface modeling, photorealistic rendering, and extensive file support of TurboCAD Deluxe. TurboCAD Expert also includes an AutoCAD®-like 2D drafting interface option with command line and dynamic input cursor that simplifies the transition from AutoCAD. Plus, additional professional features are included in TurboCAD Expert to enhance productivity and interoperability.
NEW 2017 FEATURES
Usability and Interface
- New Image Management Palette: Simple drag-and-drop insertion, control of image parameters and embedding.
- New Table Editing / Attachable Data: Build tables by making (non-OLE) connections to .CSV and Excel files. Simply edit table layout, format, and content, now similar to Microsoft Word.
- New Timestamp: For security and collaboration, file metadata now includes Date of Creation, Date of Last Modification, Total File Editing Time, and Total Time of Last Session.
- New Options for Blocks: Display the name of a block whenever ‘show multiple entities options’ is turned on. Show selected block in the Blocks Palette any time an inserted block is selected.
2D Drafting and Editing
- Improved Intelligent Scaling: Create hatches, text and dimensions that automatically scale tothe current zoom level of the view.
- New Center Line and Center Mark: Create associative center lines and center marks.
- New Relative Angle Field: Draw consecutive segments by specifying the angle relative to the preceding segment.
- Improved Multi-Text Editor: New text editor interface with new formatting features and new options including numbered lists, bulleted lists, and multi-column support.
- New Scale by Two Points: Scale a set of objects to a specific size by using two reference points.
- New Copying of Architectural Objects: Use the copy and array tools to insert a set of windows or doors into a wall for greater productivity.
- New Fit to Scale for Door and Window Custom Blocks: Automatic fit to wall width scaling of custom door and window blocks inserted into walls.
- Improved House Builder Wizard: Create rooms on multiple workplanes for quick design of multi-story houses.
- New Roof Slab Openings: Insert openings into roof slab for fast placement of vents and skylights.
Photorealistic Rendering and Visualisation
- Improved AutoCAD® (DXF, DWG, and DWF) File Compatibility: Implementation of the latest Teigha engine.
- Improved 3D PDF (.U3D only) Export: Support for export of multi-material objects.
- Improved SketchUp (SKP) File Support*: Import geometry, views, materials, and components from SketchUp files created in SketchUp Pro or SketchUp Mark versions 3.0 to 2017.
- New Google Earth (KML and KMZ) File Support: Import KML and KMZ files into TurboCAD to view your designs in Google Earth independent of the web.
- Improved Point Cloud (PCD, PCG, XYZ, ASC) File Support: Improved triangulation tool allows users to adjust the default parameter settings, offers an improved algorithm for facet normal determination, and a new smoothing option. ColoUred point clouds are also now supported.
- New Mobile App Support: Import and View TurboApp (TAP) files from one of our apps for mobile devices--TurboViewer, TurboReview, TurboSite, or DroneScout.
* Please note – Trimble no longer offers the 32-bit version of their software development kit, therefore TurboCAD 2017 32-bit has no SKP filter.
Key Features & Benefits
- Complete 2D/3D Design Tools for drafting, modeling, modifying, dimensioning and annotation.
- Easy to Learn and Use with set up wizards, context-sensitive help, snaps, alignment aids, and handle-based editing.
- AutoCAD®-like 2D drafting interface option with command line and dynamic input cursor that simplifies the transition from AutoCAD.
- More professional 2D drafting & editing tools like 2D Geometric and Dimension Constraints
- Surface Modeling Tools like 2D/3D Booleans, extrude, revolve, sweeps, & more.
- Architectural Design Tools including parametric architectural objects, sections and elevations, house builder wizard, schedule tool, and more.
- Photorealistic Rendering, materials, and lighting to create powerful presentations.
- Internal Database and Custom Data, External Database Connectivity, and Point Cloud Support
- Expanded File Sharing Options including AutoCAD® .DWG & .DXF, SketchUp .SKP, .STL for 3D Printing, & more!
Powerful UI and Performance
If you’re new to TurboCAD, features like the fully customisable interface, including an optional AutoCAD®-like 2D drafting interface, can help you get started. Save more time with handle based editing and a GPU accelerated drawing engine. Plus, TurboCAD is 64-bit compatible to manage even the largest CAD files
Organise, access, and explore design alternatives. The Design Director Palette provides advanced controls for Layers, Layer Filters, creating Layer Sets, setting and saving Work Planes, controlling Named Views, and more to streamline work and enhance productivity.
2D Design and Editing
TurboCAD is rich in professional 2D/3D design tools and drawing aids that speed design. Create views and viewports of any size and shape. Access extensive paper space and printing options. Multi-select drawing tool, dimension tools and more.
3D Surface Modelling
TurboCAD includes a complete set of 3D surface modeling and editing tools making it ideal for both single part and small assembly mechanical designs.
Architectural & GIS
TurboCAD includes an integrated suite of architectural tools that accelerate productivity in design and drafting, or in the documentation of existing compatible architectural models. The architectural objects are AutoCAD® Architecture (ACA) compatible so that .DWG models with ACA extensions may be read, modified, and documented as needed.
Photorealistic Rendering and Visualisation
TurboCAD includes the Redway3d Redsdk 4.2 drawing and rendering engine to speed design work and create stunning presentations. Render management of materials, luminances, environments, advanced render styles and more help users create truly photorealistic presentations of their design.
Interoperability & File Support
TurboCAD makes it easy to maintain your intellectual property investment and share your work. TurboCAD Pro supports export of 3D models to 3D .PDF which can be viewed interactively with Acrobat Reader. Plus, users can open, insert, or embed up to 35 file formats and export up to 28, including .DWG, .DXF (from R14 through 2017 including AutoCAD® Architecture extensions), .SKP (SketchUp™, to version 2015), .3DM (Rhinoceros®), .3DS (Autodesk® 3ds Max®), IGES, STEP, .OBJ, COLLADA (.DAE – export); and many more.
External References (Xrefs)
All of the file formats that may be opened and imported, except bitmap images, may be used as an external reference (Xref). TurboCAD offers Xref clipping for dozens of file formats and binding of Xrefs, which can then be exploded and edited. Xref layers are also easy to manage, including with layer filters.
Our Shipping Service & Software Downloads
TurboCAD software downloads take between 3 - 24 hours to process, once we receive the serials from IMSI, we will email you your serial no.s and links to download the software.
We offer $18 flat rate shipping anywhere in Australia with Australia Post. Your order in insured against theft or damage, A signature will be required on delivery and If you are not available to take delivery Australia Post will "card it" you can then collect from your local post office, or call Australia Post to arrange re-delivery at a convenient time.
- ETA is 2-3 business days for NSW, VIC, QLD & ACT.
- ETA is 3-4 business days for WA, SA, NT, TAS.
We also offer Express Shipping on selected products, which will ensure your order arrives the next business day. For next business day service orders must be place before 1 PM AEST. You can see if Express Shipping is available for a particular product on the product page.
We will process your order within 24 hours of receiving it and ensure your order arrives at your door as fast as possible.
How we operate:
- Once you place an order with us , we will send you an Email Order Confirmation and Tax Invoice within 30 minutes.
- We will process your order within 24 hours.
- We will send a shipping confirmation Email with your order’s tracking number and a link to where it can be tracked once it has been dispatched.
- Australia Post will deliver to the specified address and will require a signature for the order.
- If for any reason your order cannot be signed for, a card will be left with details allowing you to arrange another delivery time or pickup at your convenience.
- Your order is insured against loss or damage during delivery.
Digital 3D will offer you an exchange or refund and arrange free return shipping if:
- Goods are damaged or faulty through no fault of your own.
- Goods are supplied incorrectly.
- Goods vary from their description on the website.
To obtain an exchange or refund please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive instructions on how to return an order, and be issued a Return Authority Number that must accompany any return.
If a customer orders the incorrect product through no fault of Digital 3D they may apply for a refund on the following terms:
- The Item is returned in perfect condition with all related packaging intact.
- The Customer accepts they will be charged a 35% restocking fee.
- Authorised Reseller that specialises in CAD Technology.
- Free returns.
- Express Shipping available.
- We are Australian owned and operated.
- Great prices.
- Fast delivery anywhere in Australia.
- Knowledgeable and friendly Customer & Tech support.
- Secure Store with SSL Encryption.
- We accept Paypal, Visa, Amex and Mastercard.