One of the awesome things about the Fuel3D handheld 3D scanner is the price. Compared to other 3D scanning systems, the Fuel3D is less than a tenth of the cost with similar detail and performance.
Fuel3D 3D Scanner
Fuel3D™ handheld 3D scanner
Fuel3D has been designed as an easy to use point-and-shoot 3D scanner. A complete high resolution 3D scanner that captures detail up to ~350 microns including the shape and colour information of the object. It works in a similar way to a typical camera, just point and shoot, but is a lot more advanced! It comes pre-calibrated with stereo camera with built in photometric imaging allowing you to capture your scan and process it in seconds.
|Features||Fuel3D||Turntable scanner||Sweeping laser line||Handheld 3D Scanner||Microsoft Kinect Scanner|
It is the perfect tool for capturing the world around you in the highest detail and fidelity possible. Fuel3D excels in capturing objects and surfaces including:
- Skin, e.g. faces and body parts
- Organic objects e.g. plants, leaves
- Stone, masonry, brick
- Artwork, e.g. textured paintings, statues
When you take a picture on a conventional 3D mobile phone or digital camera you are using a technique known as stereoscopic imaging. This uses two camera viewpoints, one for each eye, to display a “3D” image on a stereoscopic screen that gives the impression of depth.
In contrast, the core technology behind Fuel3D fuses geometric and photometric stereo 3D recovery techniques and is finely tuned to capture high resolution 3D colour images. This raw capability provides the opportunity for an object to be captured in true 3D geometry and full colour for any other non-medical applications. The technology is also inherently good at capturing other highly textured surfaces, both organic and inorganic.
Once a shot has been taken on the Fuel3D scanner the raw image data is converted into true 3D colour geometrical data by our own software, which is included with the Fuel3D scanner. To run the Fuel3D software, you will need a computer with reasonable specifications (Mac, Windows 7 or higher, 2GB RAM, dual-core processor).
Our software generates a 3D colour data file and allows some basic editing functionality prior to export:
- Trimming of unnecessary areas
- Adjusting the resolution for export, in turn reducing the polygon number for easier handling
- Exporting in commonly used 3D file formats, including .STL and .PLY with colour
- Output resolution from Fuel3D varies with the distance of the system to the subject. The average resolution is approximately a 350 micron sampling. For further product specifications and other technical information please click here to download our technical overview.
Includes proprietary Fuel3D Studio software. Exported File Types: STL PLY and OBJ. Connectivity via USB cable. Mains powered. Minimum hardware specification: 2GB RAM, 1GB hard disk space Dual-core processor. Operating systems: Windows 7 or Windows 8 Pro, Mac.
Suitable for objects with:
- High surface textures: The scanner performs very well with non-reflective, highly textured objects, including natural and organic materials such as plants, skin, wood and stone.
- Opaque materials: The scanner needs the scanning surface to be opaque as transparent surfaces permit the light to pass through and prevent accurate surface measurement.
- Smooth contours & curves:The scanner works best on surfaces with smooth flowing curves and contours, such as the human form.
- Medium-size:The scanner is optimized to work on subjects around 10 – 30 cm (4-12 inches) in size.
Not suitable for objects with:
- Geometric features: The scanner is not designed to capture geometric features with flat surface and sharp corners which require high precision, as it will tend to smooth such features.
- Occlusions: The scanner can only image what it ‘sees’ from its view point and cannot capture part of an object that is hidden behind another.
- Mono-color surfaces: The scanner is not designed to capture objects without variation in color or, which do not provide surface information for the scanner to work effectively.
- Protrusions & cavities: The scanner is not designed to scan objects with cavities, where parts of the surface can’t be seen from both cameras, or elements protruding into free space.
- Reflective surfaces: The scanner is not designed to capture, transparent or shiny objects, where light reflects or transmits through the surface and prevents accurate surface measurement.
Our Shipping Service & Software Downloads
TurboCAD software downloads take between 3 - 24 hours to process, once we receive the serials from IMSI, we will email you your serial no.s and links to download the software.
We offer $18 flat rate shipping anywhere in Australia with Startrack. Your order in insured against theft or damage, A signature will be required on delivery and If you are not available to take delivery Startrack will "card it" you can then collect from your local post office, or call Startrack to arrange re-delivery at a convenient time.
- ETA is 2-3 business days for NSW, VIC, QLD & ACT.
- ETA is 3-4 business days for WA, SA, NT, TAS.
We also offer Express Shipping on selected products, which will ensure your order arrives the next business day. For next business day service orders must be place before 1 PM AEST. You can see if Express Shipping is available for a particular product on the product page.
We will process your order within 24 hours of receiving it and ensure your order arrives at your door as fast as possible.
Please note we do not ship to PO Boxes or Parcel Lockers
Products may also be collected from our warehouse in Smeaton Grange (NSW). You can see if Pick-up is available for a particular product on the product page. When at the checkout please select "Pick up" as the delivery option, also ensure your best contact number is entered as we will call you when your order is ready for collection.
How we operate:
- Once you place an order with us , we will send you an Email Order Confirmation and Tax Invoice within 30 minutes.
- We will process your order within 24 hours.
- We will send a shipping confirmation Email with your order’s tracking number and a link to where it can be tracked once it has been dispatched.
- Startrack will deliver to the specified address and will require a signature for the order.
- If for any reason your order cannot be signed for, a card will be left with details allowing you to arrange another delivery time or pickup at your convenience.
- Your order is insured against loss or damage during delivery.
Digital 3D will offer you an exchange or refund and arrange free return shipping if:
- Goods are damaged or faulty through no fault of your own.
- Goods are supplied incorrectly.
- Goods vary from their description on the website.
To obtain an exchange or refund please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive instructions on how to return an order, and be issued a Return Authority Number that must accompany any return.
If a customer orders the incorrect product through no fault of Digital 3D they may apply for a refund on the following terms:
- The Item is returned in perfect condition with all related packaging intact.
- The Customer accepts they will be charged a 25% restocking fee.
- Authorised Reseller that specialises in CAD Technology.
- Free returns.
- Express Shipping available.
- We are Australian owned and operated.
- Great prices.
- Fast delivery anywhere in Australia.
- Knowledgeable and friendly Customer & Tech support.
- Secure Store with SSL Encryption.
- We accept Paypal, Visa, Amex and Mastercard.